December 3, 2019
Let’s talk shop: MCR, the fifth-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States, has acquired the 149-room Hampton Inn by Hilton Philadelphia/King of Prussia in King of Prussia, Pennsylvania.
The newly renovated hotel is less than a mile from the East Coast’s largest shopping center, the King of Prussia Mall. If the thought of braving the 3-million-square-foot mecca makes you want to run, run as fast as you can like a gingerbread man, don’t fret! The smart cookies at the Hampton Inn have some sweet shopping strategies to share.
• Fuel Up With Free Baked Goods
A hot breakfast — and plenty of coffee — awaits you at the Hampton Inn. As you dine, browse the mall’s directory of 450 retailers using the hotel’s complimentary fast Wi-Fi. Make a list — and check it twice!
• Spend Some Dough — and Downtime
Shopping on a Saturday? That’s a half-baked idea. Congestion peaks in the late afternoons on weekends. Instead, pick a Tuesday or Wednesday morning, then settle in for a long winter’s nap — or a viewing of Lifetime’s guilty pleasure The Magical Christmas Shoes — in your plush Hampton Inn bed.
• Get Piece-of-Cake Exercise
Work off those confection calories! “King of Prussia Mall is a great place to get your steps in,” says Kathy Smith, the mall’s director of marketing. Strolling every mall aisle and corridor is equivalent to walking the entire width of Manhattan — twice. The icing on the gingerbread: The Hampton Inn has a 24-hour fitness center where you can prep your biceps for the shopping haul.
The Hampton Inn by Hilton Philadelphia/King of Prussia is located at 530 West Dekalb Pike and features:
• 149 pet-friendly guestrooms with mini-refrigerators, microwaves and coffeemakers
• Free hot breakfast — take it to go!
• Free fast Wi-Fi
• A 24-hour fitness center with cardio equipment and free weights
• A business center with printing, faxing, copying and audiovisual services
• More than 600 square feet of meeting and event space for approximately 40 people
• Complimentary parking
Reserve rooms by phone at (610) 962-8111 or online at hilton.com.